Followers

Thursday 2 August 2012

Good Neighbor...Where Are You?

© Photographer: Peter Gustafson | Purchased From Agency: Dreamstime.com

So we all have those neighbors we don't ever so and if we do it's once in a blue moon. Or we have those we see daily and they seem to not ever want to bother saying hello.

Why?

I always wonder why people treat each other like strangers even though they live next to one another.

I've got a neighbor down the street who I adore. We talk each time we see each other and get along great.

She is the type of neighbor you ask to keep an eye on your house when you are away or something like that.
I also have this other neighbor who recently moved in. First day I saw her I was polite said hello and tried to be nice.

My response that I got was nothing but silence. OK maybe they did not hear me. Tried again next time. Nothing..

OK so I get the point, you could care less to talk to me. You don't know me.

Now every time she sees me she stares like she is waiting for me to say hi.

You would think that since you live next to someone and you see them pretty much every single day you could at least say hello.

Why do people act like this? Honestly..Can't we just be nice and get along?

The funny part is... OK well not sure if it is funny but maybe strange..The people who lived there before were exactly like that. They didn't talk to me till about a year before they moved away.

Oh and in case you are thinking, I'm a fab neighbor..lol

Have you ever had a neighbor like this? Did they ever change? How did you handle the situation?

Honestly, it is kinda awkward now.

18 comments:

  1. That is awkward. Wow.

    I am polite with my neighbors, but I can't say I am friends with any of them. I say hello or smile, but that's about it. I've lived in big cities though all my life, in buildings with many other people. It is not a situation that really allows for close relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, it is past awkward now..Here most the people are amazing. They do block garage sales and street parties..It is really cool except some just walk around acting all weird..

      Delete
  2. Definitely awkward.

    It won't be polite for them to at least say hello or to smile when they see you. That's just 'neighborly'.

    I've lived out in the middle of no man's land most of my life, so neighbors are far apart, but even then, people walk down the road, kids bike. I just smile and say hi.

    Unless, of course, my hair is sticking up all over and I'm wearing my old beat up clothes. Then I hide behind a tree. LOL! (kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, oh not even..She stares..It is like are you expecting me to say hi when you ignore me? Wow..Ok you always look hot no matter what..

      Delete
  3. Oops! I meant to say "It WOULD be polite of them to at least say hello"

    Sorry about that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey, no worries. I figured that is what you meant..

      Delete
  4. Savannah all my neighbors remind me of the Adams family. I'm glad they don't speak to me. Well, a couple of the wives do remind me of Morticia, probably because they always look at me like they'd like to suck me dry.

    Anyway, I've let all the wives know that if they ever need a little something-something, I'm ready, willing and able to lend a helping - hand. Muwah!@

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benjamin, wow..you got Fester too? Oh you are just a good neighbor. See why can't I have neighbors like you. I get stuck with the rude ones and just weird..

    I think the wives will be knocking on your door every single day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't particularly care to converse with my neighbors much. If I see they are going to attempt to talk to me I will smile or reply if they say something. Otherwise, my thinking is this: I don't know these people, nor do they know me. If we end up not getting along at all (If the worst case scenario happens and they go for a conversation while I am holding groceries in my arms and it is raining out!), I am stuck with a neighbor who has negative feelings about me, and I them. I have been friendly with neighbors in the past and it has always ended up biting me in the butt (two men's wives thought they were sleeping with me! Ugh). I have plenty of friends and family - I suppose I don't feel obligated to try to make more out of people who live so close to me. Maybe that is just Big City logic.
    Besides...Knowing the things they hear through my walls it is a wonder I'm allowed to have neighbors at all anymore! *Wicked Grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kali,oh I know what you mean..I don't go out of my way to be all buddy buddy. But considering I see this person daily and we cross paths. It is just weird... Oh and yay for loud music to mask the noise... he he

      Delete
  7. Well...everybody can't be nice. That's just not normal, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cy, no they can't...Normal...don't know that word..lol

      Delete
  8. I wish I had different neighbors. Parents are on one side and my brother with his wife on the the other. I am literally stuck between two rocks. They are not fun neighbors to say the least. I could go on and on. But I vowed to be more positive with my life whether they like how I live my life or not. Either way they have to just deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that will change very soon...I hope it does for you..

      Delete
  9. My neighbors scare me a little to be honest. We are polite and say our hello's when we see each other...but the things I hear sometimes freak me the hell out :/ and lots of screaming matches...not the good kind of screaming either. I've never even seen the neighbors on my other side...they literally only ever go out at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meltz,ok you might have some vampires living next to you...Make sure to stick out your neck and check..

      Sorry they scare you...

      Delete
  10. Luckily I have awesome neighbors who says hi, borrow sugar, cleans my porch, stare at my ass… LOL! Big hug for my neighbors. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, oh you have a fantastic one..Esp since they stare at your ass..No better compliment..

      Delete